Any heavy vehicle operating on the US public highway is subjected to a federal tax called form 2290. If you
own a truck registered under your name that weighs 55,000 pounds or more and used for 5000 miles or more,
you are subjected to this IRS form 2290 and must pay 2290 tax online. You can pay 2290 online tax
via 2 methods: paper filing and IRS HVUT online filing.
IRS form 2290 is also called as Heavy Vehicle Use Tax, HVUT, Highway Vehicle Tax and Truck Tax.
2290 Tax Schedule 1 Copy
The IRS authenticates your returns when you pay tax 2290 online and sends an acknowledgment receipt called
Schedule 1. This copy will have the IRS-registered truck’s VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) you own.
This copy of Schedule 1 is the proof that your pay 2290 tax online is paid. Without the stamped Schedule 1
copy, the DMV will not renew your tags neither will IRP, IFTA or UCR will not renew your heavy vehicle
registration. This IRS-stamped copy of Schedule 1 will also act as proof that you paid your 2290 tax if you
When you choose to pay 2290 online tax, most e-file service providers like 2290taxform, will send a copy of
Schedule 1 within a few minutes of IRS acceptance. But if you pre-file the 2290 tax, you will receive the
Schedule 1 form 2290, usually after the first week of July of that financial year.
Advantages of Pay 2290 Tax Online
- When you pay 2290 online, it works smoothly and efficiently to reduce preparation and processing errors on your 2290 form
- Use your laptop or computer to access and file your 2290 tax from anywhere, even when you’re on the road
- Receive the copy of stamped Schedule 1 when you pay tax 2290 in just a few minutes after acceptance by the IRS
- You can use the free VIN correction feature offered by most e-filing services to correct VIN filing errors you may have committed. The new, amended copy of Schedule 1 form will be available in minutes
- Make any changes to mileage and gross weight, even after you pay IRS form 2290
- Avoid standing in the queue and also save on your postage when you pay tax 2290 online
Calculating your IRS Form 2290 Tax
Taxable Gross Weight is the total unloaded weight of your heavy vehicle. It is the weight of the truck, bus
or tractor when it is empty or not loaded, but equipped for service. The 2290 tax amount depends on the
total gross weight of your heavy vehicle.
Requirements to Pay 2290 Tax Online
- The VIN (Vehicle Information Number) and EIN (Employer Identification Number)
- Name and address of your business
- The gross weight of your vehicle
The tax period for form 2290 tax begins from 1st July of the current year and extends till 31st August of the succeeding year.
Steps to Pay 2290 Online
Filing 2290 tax online is simple, secure and easy. We, at 2290taxform, have simplified the process to help
you pay IRS form 2290 online easily. You only need to follow these 3 steps when you
pay 2290 online with us:
- Choose your ‘Business’
- Select the ‘Tax Period’ and ‘First Used Month’ of your vehicle
- Enter the vehicle information
- Make the payment
If you choose to pay 2290 tax online with 2290taxform, you will receive your stamped copy of Schedule 1
within a few minutes of IRS acceptance. We will also send you free fax, text and email alerts about your
tax filings so that you can stay updated about your tax filings. If you have committed any errors while
entering the VIN number of your vehicle, don’t worry. We offer free VIN correction services to correct
incorrect VIN filings.